Seattle is lucky to have 10’s (if not 100’s) of quality and educated architects/architecture firms. Below is a list of 5 architects who I have worked with and feel comfortable recommending for space planning and design services related to office tenant improvements in Seattle.
- Weaver Architecture: Specifically, I have enjoyed working with Jarrod Arbini on a couple of projects.
- Marvin Stein Associates: I’ve worked on dozens of requirements with Steve Navarro and appreciate his understanding and efficiency.
- JPC Architects: If I had to guess, I would think that JPC does more office tenant improvement design than any other firm in the region. Mike Jones is a great project coordinator that I’ve worked with many times for Seattle projects.
- SKB Architects: SKB might be the most popular design team as of late. Shannon Rankin is a talented principal there and great to work with.
- Allbee Romein: I’ve worked with Carla Allbee recently and she provides excellent service.
For more specific contact information for each of the people above, click here.
The above list is a sample of quality people to choose from for office tenant improvement design services.
When I have the opportunity to use an architect I always consider the following:
- the willingness to perform needed work within industry standard pricing
- the building type(s) being considered
- current projects or recent experience in the building or industry type
- the size of the project
- the personality types of the decision makers
- the overall goals of the project
- my client’s desire for a cheap & quick job vs. high-end & thorough
The design phase of an office tenant improvement project can be very time consuming but also fun –enjoy.